Title: IMPACT Content/Digital/Broadcast Long-Term Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: February through December 2019
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf? The USGA’s Global Content Media & Distribution (GCMD) business unit is in search of a long-term intern who can support all three GCMD verticals: Content Production and Distribution, Digital Media and Broadcast Operations. The internship offers exposure and hands-on experience working in a dynamic environment and an opportunity to develop strong leadership and communications skills.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, organized and diligent team member who is eager to contribute to a team that interacts directly with audiences of golfers worldwide through web, social and broadcast content. This position will be part-time (approx. 25 hours/week) from February to April; full-time (40+ hours/week) from May to September; and back to part-time from October to December.
What you can expect:
- Assist the content team with basic website maintenance using the AEM content management system
- Support the social media team in scheduling and producing Twitter, Facebook and Instagram content
- Write, edit and publish all manner of web and social content, including articles, photo gallery captions and video display copy
- Serve as a production assistant during live and taped studio shows and during championships
- Monitor live USGA championship broadcasts and report on sponsorship and commercial assets
- Audit digital products and live execution of other major golf and sporting events and prepare analysis for comparative purposes
- Assist with search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for usopen.com and usga.org
- Track USGA & U.S. Open social media channels for alignment to strategic plan, sentiment and relevancy
- Assist analytics team, when necessary, in pulling and reporting on social media data
- Travel to USGA championships and other events and support the larger team, including:
- Additional social media duties, including clipping and posting highlights
- Web posting and creation of content
- Assist with research and preparation of stories and videos, including live content
What you bring to the USGA:
- Current junior or senior in college, or Grad student
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to tackle multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort level with social media platforms and familiarity with websites
- Interest in sports and appreciation for golf
- Curiosity and willingness to learn all aspects of content, digital media and broadcast operations
- Familiarity with USGA championships and history preferred
Please click on the following link to apply: IMPACT Content/Digital/Broadcast Long-Term Intern
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer