Kohler, Wis. – Because of the high temperatures predicted for today and tomorrow, the United States Golf Association (USGA) is offering the following measures and tips to ensure that all spectators and volunteers are comfortable and safe during the first two rounds of the 2012 U.S. Women’s Open Championship.
To keep cool, it is recommended that spectators and volunteers:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Apply sun screen often
- Remain in the shade, whenever possible
- Wear light-colored, loose and ‘breathable’ clothing and appropriate hats or similar
- Bring an umbrella for additional sun protection
In addition, the USGA and Blackwolf Run are making available these additional heat-related measures for spectators:
- Bottled water through all concession and beverage stands as two bottles for the price of one.
- Two air-conditioned motor coaches brought into the Main Admissions gate area to the immediate west of the shade pavilion and disability tent. These motor coaches will be open to all spectators throughout the day.
- The no water bottle rule, exclusive of volunteers, will still be in effect as normal.
For players and caddies, iced water towels will be provided in addition to the drinks and food available on teeing grounds.