The USGA’s International Team Selection Committee has invited 12 players to participate in a practice session in advance of the 2018 Curtis Cup Match. The session for prospective players will take place Dec. 17-18 at Shoal Creek (Ala.), host site of the 2018 U.S. Women’s Open Championship.
A biennial competition, the 40th Curtis Cup Match will be contested June 8-10, 2018, at Quaker Ridge Golf Club in Scarsdale, N.Y. The Great Britain & Ireland Team defeated the USA Team, 11.5-8.5, in the 2016 Match at Dun Laoghaire Golf Club in Enniskerry, Ireland.
The following 12 players have accepted invitations to the practice session:
- Sarah Burnham, 21, of Maple Grove, Minn. (Michigan State University)
- Mariel Galdiano, 19, of Pearl City, Hawaii (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Kristen Gillman, 20, of Austin, Texas (University of Alabama)
- Rachel Heck, 16, of Memphis, Tenn.
- Cheyenne Knight, 20, of Aledo, Texas (University of Alabama)
- Jennifer Kupcho, 20, of Westminster, Colo. (Wake Forest University)
- Andrea Lee, 19, of Hermosa Beach, Calif. (Stanford University)
- Lucy Li, 15, of Redwood City, Calif.
- Haley Moore, 18, of Escondido, Calif. (University of Arizona)
- Sophia Schubert, 21, of Oak Ridge, Tenn. (University of Texas)
- Lauren Stephenson, 20, of Lexington, S.C. (University of Alabama)
- Lilia Vu, 20, of Fountain Valley, Calif. (University of California, Los Angeles)
Two U.S. Women’s Amateur champions – Schubert (2017) and Gillman (2014) – are among the players who have accepted invitations. One USGA runner-up was also invited: Lee was runner-up in the 2016 U.S. Girls’ Junior to three-time USGA champion Eun Jeong Seong.