TITLE: Manager of Women’s Events & Player Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Member Services
STATUS: Regular/exempt, full-time employee
START DATE: Immediate
LOCATION: Golf House in Norton, MA. Travel within the state (and region on occasion) is required.
SUMMARY: Responsible for overall management of all Mass Golf Women’s Tournaments and Events, as well
as strategic programs aimed at overall player development. Works in concert with the Member
Services staff, Member Club representatives and volunteer Rules Officials to promote and ensure
a positive experience for players, participants and host clubs for all tournaments and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for leading and evaluating the Women’s Tournament and Event program, as well as training and
managing the support staff, interns and volunteers associated with all events.
• Administrative management of Women’s Tournaments and Events including online registration, player support, preevent
communication and coordination with participants and host club staff.
• Coordinates and performs on-site tournament duties including event and course set-up, registration, starting,
monitoring pace of play and scoring.
• Assists with site procurement for future events.
• Assists the Director of Member Services in managing and administering Mass Golf and USGA/industry initiatives
and events that support and educate our Members, Member Clubs and Allied Associations on a wide range of
programs and benefits.
• Works jointly with the Member Services team to contribute to the expansion of player development programs and
services designed to engage new, casual and latent golfers across all segments of age, gender and playing ability.
• Assist with other special projects as assigned by the Director of Member Services and the Executive Director (i.e.,
meetings, seminars and projects).
• A high level of interest in golf administration with previous experience in the golf industry.
• Outgoing personality with strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment with staff and volunteers.
• Ability to effectively manage numerous projects concurrently.
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner with an emphasis on responsive
• Working knowledge of the Rules of Golf and tournament administration.
• Proficient with MS Office and CRM programs, USGA GHIN platform and Golf Genius/Tournament Management.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; frequent travel throughout the state is required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive benefits package available including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
• Paid time off and 401(k) plan
• Cell phone and travel expense reimbursement
• Rules of Golf, World Handicap System training and Mass Golf staff apparel provided
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations/rationale to:
Jesse Menachem | Executive Director/CEO | Mass Golf | firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received no later than 4:30pm, Friday, May 31.