From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Prospect Management and Program assistant is part of the Foundation/development team of the USGA. This individual will be responsible for donor research, prospect tracking, donor stewardship activities, and administrative and program support related to development efforts—particularly for major donors, Trustees and Trustee Council members, and USGA committees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Lead the process of researching and prioritizing potential donors. Work closely with the Membership team and with the Foundation’s data and information specialist to identify the best group of potential major gift donors. Conducts in-depth research and prepares briefing sheets for use with senior management and key volunteers.
- Develops and keeps current lists of top prospects. Works with Director of Development and Chief Philanthropy Officer to maintain up-to-date profiles and strategies for Top 100 organization-wide, top prospects by geography. Develops prospect lists for specific areas or projects (i.e. Museum, Greens Section, etc.)
- Provides administrative and program support related to major gift donors, including but not limited to: preparing donor profiles, stewardship reports and drafting acknowledgments, organizing logistics for donor events.
- Organizes and maintains contact reporting and donor files in the USGA database (CRM)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE USGA:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree with 2 years of working experience or equivalent combination
- Experience with prospect research in a non-profit environment
- Experience with database management and Microsoft Excel
- Experience building internal relationships, communicating effectively to gather information
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data, analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills in business writing, editing and proofreading.
- Curiosity and a desire to discover people’s motivations
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the game of golf
Please click on the following link to apply: Prospect Management and Program Assistant
Liberty Corner, NJ
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer