From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you interested in joining a team that is dynamic team that is an integral part of the USGA? The U.S. Open Championship Internship is a great way to gain valuable experience in sports management. You will gain valuable experience and first hand how an exemplary golf championship is run.
What You Can Expect:
Interns are needed for Will Call at Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 2019 U.S. Open Championship.
Will Call will be staffed by USGA Staff and interns.
The purpose of Will Call is:
- To allow individuals and/or corporate clients to drop off tickets/credentials for their guests to pick up when they arrive at the golf course.
- Ticket sales for any remaining tickets.
- Sale and distribution of junior tickets.
- Distribution of tickets to various organizations.
- Distribution of tickets to military personnel.
- Telephone inquiries, customer service, and transportation hotline.
- Distribution of Volunteer packages and uniforms.
- Assist fans at Will Call Windows.
- Maintain good rapport with all fans. Be helpful, cooperative and courteous when dealing with the public.
- Answer phone calls received at Will Call from fans regarding parking and transportation, directions, ticket questions, disabled services, plus a multitude of miscellaneous questions.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all USGA Staff, the corporate hospitality staff, vendors, security et al.
- Enter information and maintain Will Call database that connects all Will Calls and contains up-to-the-minute information on the envelopes that are dropped off at each Will Call location.
- Maintain communications with all Will Call locations and various admission gates.
- Regularly pick up, usually on an hourly basis, envelopes from Will Call boxes that are at different locations throughout the course.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
What You Bring to the USGA:
- Good interpersonal, communication and phone skills
- Ability to multitask
- Process and detail oriented
- Basic computer knowledge to use Will Call database and Point of Sale (POS) system
- Must be presentable, courteous, friendly and organized
Will Call interns will work from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 16. Hours are generally from 9 AM to 5 PM on days preceding the Championship and from 5 AM until 7 PM during the Championship.
Each intern will receive four shirts, one outerwear and one cap/hat. The male interns will be required to wear khaki pants and the female interns will be required to wear khaki pants or just above the knee length shorts/skirts.
Please click on the following link to apply: U.S. Open – Admissions Short Term Interns
Pebble Beach Golf Links - Pebble Beach, CA
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer